By Justin Mahlahla
Zimbabwe and Belarus have signed eight Agreements meant to enhance cooperation between the two countries in various sectors.
The signing ceremony took place at State House and was witnessed by President Emmerson Mnangagwa and his visiting counterpart, Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko.
The eight agreements are:
1. The establishment of a Joint Permanent Commission
2. The promotion and reciprocal protection of Investments
3. Mutual recognition of Educational qualifications
4. The Avoidance Of Double Taxation And The Prevention Of Fiscal Evasion With Respect To Taxes On Income And On Property
5. Twinning arrangement between the City of Harare and Minsk
6. Contract between Zim and “Aftrade DMCC” on cooperation in the supply of Belarusian tractors and grain harvesters
7. Contract between Zim and “Aftrade DMCC” for the supply of equipment manufactured in Belarus for the construction and modernisation of grain storage complexes
8. Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in the framework of supplies to the Republic of Zimbabwe of machines and equipment produced in Belarus for the timber industry.